Petting Zoo Birthday Parties
Hosting a petting zoo bash for the child's birthday presents fantastic, enjoyment enjoyment that could preserve even pretty younger little ones mesmerized.
Few occasion routines are more interesting to very small tots-and more mature children-than petting and feeding light furry and feathered livestock, says Melanie Pien, operator of Pied Piper Pony Rides & Petting Zoo, in Carmel, New York.Find More Info Houston Petting Zoo
"Kids get to touch and pet a variety of different animals. They love the different feels of each one," suggests Pien, who has run the family business for 20 years, and whose company does between 600 and 700 functions a year.
Many adults love the animals as much as kids do, Pien notes. "Some people rent specific animals for the kids and other animals for the parents."
Pien recommends that for really younger small children, the petting zoo alone (without pony rides) is probably the best idea. More mature young children will extra likely enjoy the pony rides and won't be frightened.
Other advice for parents considering a petting zoo for their kids' get-togethers:
- The best ages for petting zoo parties: Interestingly, Pien contends, age really isn't a factor. She points out that she recently did a celebration for 18-year-olds. "Parents sometimes have petting zoo get-togethers expressly to introduce quite youthful kids to animals," she says. As a general rule, though, she advises, "Be sure your kids love animals before you decide to have such a party."
- How long: An hour is usually perfect for a group of 20 kids, states Pien. However, some party-givers choose to increase the time by a half hour or an hour.
- What to check before hiring any company: The most important factor is current USDA certification, Pien states. Having a license indicates that inspectors have reviewed all animal health care records and have visited the farm to review the living conditions and daily routine care given to the animals.
- Insurance is essential: Be sure that the company has full liability coverage for both pony rides and the petting zoo. In addition, many companies offer a lot more insurance options, such as allowing customers to become additional insureds or co-insureds for the day of the get together.
- Party safety: Retain all food, babies' pacifiers, kids' toys, and other personal belongings away from the area in which interaction with the animals will take place, states Pien.
Equally important, she notes, have running water, soap, and disposable towels available for thorough hand washing immediately after young children touch the animals and before they continue with any other social gathering pursuits. Adults should carefully supervise hand washing for all children-especially, those under age five.
Houston Petting Zoo
Houston, Texas 77001 US
To know more about Houston Animal Shows